Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soccer & Babies!?

Tyler had his 2nd soccer game on Tuesday, and I forgot to pull the camera out until they were shaking hands--at least we got something right? I SO appreciate eveyones advice on helping him want to play--the bribes are working, somewhat. He comes over and sits down by me a lot, and says "I quit!" but I can coax him to get back out there. It's hard because there is one boy, the coaches son, who kicks the ball away from everyone and runs down and scores everytime. It's a little frustrating for the other boys--Tyler keeps saying he is never going to win, which he thinks is scoring a goal. I keep telling him it's about having fun, but he is not convinced. Don't get me wrong, I am glad at least one of the boys knows what he is doing, but it is hard when the other ones hardly get to touch the ball. Tyler is hilarious to watch, because he is not paying attention to where the ball is at all. There was a couple of times where he was busy goofing around, and the ball was right next to him! We were all over on the sideline yelling at him to kick it, and by the time he looked around for it, it was gone! At this point I am just happy he was on the field. I am hoping it will come with a little more time. His next game is Saturday--at 8 AM!! And pictures are before that--at 7:30! Holy Cow--we're not functioning at our house that early! We'll make it though, somehow.
This is the happiest he looked all game. The blonde #4 next to him is his buddy Dallin.
My friend Janisha called last night and asked if I wanted to go out with her and our other friend Kira. Kira's husband has been away hunting all week, and just got back. Needless to say she was in serious need of some time out of the house. Mike has Young Mens on Wednesdays, and I knew it was a long shot to ask him to miss, but he did! Last week he sent me out of the house to get a massage that he had given me a few weeks ago, and when I got back I thought he'd be hating me for being out & leaving him home with the kids. He suprised me by telling me I need to go out once a week, just to have some time to myself. Wow! Talk about knocking me on my rear! He never ceases to amaze me. It is nice to know he is thinking of me, and recognizing my need to get out of the house for my sanity. The massage was AMAZING by the way. Any of you who have not ever had one, I strongly recommend it. Before I had ever had one, I was nervous about being naked--but you get past it REAL fast. It is so nice to just relax completely, and not think about anything but how nice it feels. OK, enough of that! Anyway, so we went out to eat at a yummy restaraunt by us called Kneaders, and then went to the mall. We were in the Gap, and Kira said she needed to go look in a different section, and I thought she meant the kdis stuff. She said, um no--the MATERNITY stuff! She is pregnant! Swore me to secrecy (she had a miscarriage last time, and is nervous about telling people too early) But no one that reads this knows her, so I think I'm safe. Crazy, because she had her last baby just a few days before I had Kyle. I cannot imagine being pregnant right now. I will admit, in weaker moments I have started to have the incling that I may want another one--but then my children who are already here help me realize not quite yet. I think maybe this time next year--but that's a long ways off. But I am so excited for her, and we went to Motherhood to check out clothes for her. Janisha & I thought we'd try a shirt on with the belly's & take a picture. Seeing these helps me want to stay un-pregnant for a while onger--while I lose about a trillion more pounds! I'd like for people to not know I'm pregnant for a while next time, and actually be able to tell.


3 comments:

Bill Cobabe said...

HAHAHA! Your description of Tyler is JUST like Ammon and Elise when they started soccer. That's awesome. They grow out of it - it's just a function of their age. I don't understand why some kinds (like your coach's son) seem wired for competition like that, but we saw A LOT of that. Ammon just wasn't like that... At least not with sports.

And I love the pics of you. You are very beautiful, and I am glad that Mike treats you like the princess I know you to be. You've got some big brothers he'd have to answer to if he didn't... :-)

I love you. You're great.

Sidni Nielson said...

Tanner started soccer and he has has 2 games. He is not really into it either. There are two good girls on his team that push everyone over to get the ball. It is kind of funny, the whole time the mom is yelling to kick a goal. Talk about living through your 5 yr old kid. hee hee Cute picts.

Tiffany said...

Okay I am totally telling Mike about your one night a week! I think we should do a girls night out together!