Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PARTY

Last friday we went to Magna for one of our friends from our ghetto days birthday party. It was a lot of fun, even though we ended up taking our kids with us. I say that in a nice, I do love my children but sometimes need a break, and this was supposed to be a grown-ups only kind of way. I am so frustrated with never being able to find a baby-sitter! I know my kids can be a little much, but come on! None of the young women in my ward seem interested in making $$. And they don' t just say no to me. When I was that age, I NEVER turned down a baby-sitting job. Money is money, and I cleaned their house up and everything, so they'd want to call me back. Some of the people who used me a lot even started to leave a mess knowing I'd clean it up, that was pushing it. Anyway, I'll step off my soap box, but if any of you know some girls in Utah county (anywhere, I will travel!) that actually want to baby-sit, let me know!
Isn't he so cute? How can you not smile at that? The screen door confused him for a while.
Audrey & Brooke arm wrestling. This is a time-honored tradition, one that I never got in on due to my lack of arm strength and personal dignity! ;P I think it ended one for one--both of them winning one. I'll get training for our next get-together. It was nice to see old friends. I do not miss the neighborhood (South Salt Lake) but I miss the friendships we had there. It's not the same to see each other once or twice a year, and some of them we never see anymore.

4 comments:

Bill Cobabe said...

nothing more sexy than two women arm wrestling...

Yeah, the circus has gone WAY down hill since when we were kids. And only the trailer-trash folks seem to want to attend. I don't know what's up with that.

Your story about the dude in front of you reminds me of a guy we (me and Josh) sat in front of at a BYU game. I think that the guy was trying to pray or read scriptures or something, but he wasn't impressed by me and Josh's antics. He even told Josh to sit down. SIT DOWN?!? At a FOOTBALL GAME?!? When everyone in front of us was standing up? We couldn't see if we did sit down. We ignored him. I told Josh later that he should have said "I'd hate to have to kick your butt here in front of your kids..." That still makes me smile... People can be SO ridiculous!

And PS, I only care about politics because I am a total loser. I hope I haven't upset you in any way because of my rantings. I totally respect you and everything... I am just sick to death of all the apathy. People just don't care at all... It makes me frustrated. The price good people pay for not getting involved in their community is that they are governed by people who are worse than they are...

I love you. You're great. I'd babysit your kids any time. In fact, right now! Bring them down. I will baby sit them and you guys can go to a Texans game... Or the NBA season is coming up... You could go the Rockets/Jazz game in the Toyota Center... Or you could spend the day at the beach in lovely Galveston (oh, wait... maybe not that one) I would make them mac and cheese and hot dogs...

Why Not said...

Oh my gosh....I can't believe you took pictures. Love it.

leesh said...

hey! sad i missed out on the whole 'arm wresting' even with brooke and audge! next time!! so, how do you size your 'family sticker' so it all fits? just me and jon show.....
love the circus pics to! i have always wanted to go to the circus...never been. next time, you and me can go and we will leave the kids!

audge8 said...

can't believe you took that picture!! how awesome!! yes--personal dignity is something I must not have:) So glad you guys came!