Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family Reunion Time!

Alright, I wanted this picture on the bottom, but we'll start with it I guess. Saturday was a crazy day for our little family. Tyler had soccer pictures at 7:30 AM!! That;s right, you read correctly, how dumb is that to put the 4 & 5 year olds getting pictures taken at the crack of dawn? Then a game at 8, which did not go so well according to dad. I was home getting ready for Katie's bridal shower (my soon to be sister-in-law) That was at 11, and Mike took the kids to the park. Then at 12:30 Mike and I went to the BYU game (awesome if you missed it!) Thanx to Annie & Elden for watching our kids, even if it is probably the last time they agree too. Then we went straight from there to Mike's mom's family reunion. We actually had fun, Mike always wants to skip it, and I always end up having to drag him away when it's time to leave, funny how that works out. To explain the picture of Tyler, Bailey pushed him down outside when they were getting ready to leave for the park, HUGE goose egg on his forhead--poor kid. And I was scrambling so much to get things ready I didn't give him the big consoling he was looking for. Then at the family reunion someone nailed him right in the eye with a hard frisbee, that had bumps on the side. He now has little dot scabs on his cheek. Then Sunday night he was sleeping on my bed while Kyle cried himself out (that's a whole other story, little stinker!) and he fell off and hit his ear on Mike's nightstand! His ear is all black and blue too. He looks like he's been seriously abused, but I promise he's not. He said his preschool teacher asked him what happened, hope she knows me well enough to not report us--we've had enough of that for one lifetime! At least a year anyway.
Bailey was being the little hostess, filling up water cups for everyone and delivering them. She kept counting the people and then filling up more cups, and counting to see if she had enough. It was really cute to me, but maybe a little annoying to some of the other people. Saved them having to get their own drinks though.

Would you like a drnk of water sir?
Kyle loved the Croquet game. It was a little easier to hit this ball than it is to hit the golf ball like Bailey. You could just tell he thought he was so grown up!
There was a hammock, but there wasn't quite enough space between the trees it was hung on, so Tyler just sunk to the ground. But he didn't care--he was "Just relaxing and eating my Watermelon, mom."

Mike's Aunt gave all the kids rides in the wagon behind her lawn mower. They loved it! Bailey never wanted to get out to give anyone else a turn.

Tyler wasn't shy about making friends this year, which was fun to watch.

This was all the ride Kyle got, he was to scared to get in when it was moving and there were other kids in there. But he loved sitting in and just imagining!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! How fun, and yes I have already called the DFS--Tyler told me the "REAL" story... :P

LivingstonClan said...

Shoot--guess that means we have to move again. And the kids were just getting settled here. :( Oh well, they like it when they get new names. Hahaha! Not funny!

Annika said...

I can't believe your pic's and game were that early? Wow, I would've been skippin' that week! Looks like you had a ton of fun that the reunion though!

Me said...

I've been thinking of you and your family for sometime. I decided to see if you had a blog and sure enough here you are. You have a beautiful family and it looks as if you are all doing well. I can't believe how much your children have grown and you even have a new little one. It seems as if we just moved a few months ago, but life goes by fast. Take care and I hope to talk with you soon. Farrah