Saturday, October 18, 2008

SNOW days!

Snow angel. (Or devil, depending on the moment ;) )
Mmmm, mom it's delicious!
To slide, or not to slide--that is the question.
The best part about playing in the snow is hot chocolate afterwards. It snowed on Sunday, and my kids were dying to get out and play in it. I tried to be strong and keep the Sabbath and all, but begging prevailed, and we let them outside for a while. We are not quite prepared for winter, so they went out in last years stuff that's too small, and mom & dad's gloves that are too big. BUt they didn't mind a bit--they loved it! So much fun to be a kid. I remember playing in the snow until I couldn't feel my fingers or toes anymore, and then playing some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun...and yest, snow days-especially the first warrant a little rule breaking!

Bill Cobabe said...

that pic of tyler is the classic hot chocolate face! Awesome!

I don't miss snow at all. Not at all... But I do miss a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day - there's nothing better. And can we all agree that Stephen's is the best? I worked for that guy and he was mui gordo - about what you'd expect from a guy who creates chocolate drinks... We only get about two weeks of hot chocolate worthy weather here in January. There were two days last year that I woke up to frozen grass, but other than that it wasn't even cold enough to mention... I only ever drank 1 or two cups per season (I am not an addict) but it was one of those simple pleasures... We finally had to put a real blanket on our bed this last week - it's been getting down to the mid 50s here at night, which is just a little cool for the "blanket" we had been using...