Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh Farmer Grant has a Pumpkin Patch--the best you ever seen!

Monday was Tyler's fieldtrip to the Pumpkin Patch, and I got to tag along. His teacher called me Saturday to ask if I could drive because someone else cancelled--I said for sure! I went last year, and it was a lot of fun, and we have been getting Bailey excited about it for over a month now. Then she brought her calendar home, and no Pumpkin Patch for her class. :( I never told her we she wasn't going, and we got our chance! Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law Marcia for watching Kyle for us--it's was soo cold, he would have froze. Plus, I needed about 10 more hands than I had to keep track of all the kids. Ms. Diane has a great "hand-holder" rope for the kids to hold onto, but when we got to the play area, it was CRAZY!! There was 4 school buses full of kids there at the same time as us, and it was chaos trying to keep an eye on our kids. But so much fun. What a great tradition.
How does she look with long hair?
Walking through the Indian Corn (or Native American Corn if you will)
Good Gords!!
All of the kids get to pick a pumpkin to take home. Some of them we heavier than the kids! Hooray for fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! What a fun Mom you are...

Me said...

I love that pumpkin patch. Phin's class went there last year and it really was a lot of fun.