Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas--whaaat?!

In no particular order--here is our Christmas. We had such a fun time--I am so happy that my kids are getting to the ages where it is A LOT of fun Christmas morning--and everything leading up to it.

* After we finished wrapping. *
I purchased stuff over time, and did not realize how much dang stuff I had bought! We ended up making a last minute run to Albertson's right before it closed Christmas Eve to buy more paper and tape. Mike and I some how have an insane tradition of wrapping everything Christmas Eve--which makes for a late night after spending time at his families, and then getting the kids to bed. But we have a fun time together, which is what counts. We had big plans to play Nintendo after we got done--but we were SOO tired by then, we went to BED!
Bailey rocking out with her Hanna Montana guitar. That's right, I gave in to the hype--mock me if you will. We have never even seen the show, but she loves Hanna Montana stuff, so I may as well feed it while she's young! (Those are Hanna Montana jammies & slippers from the Elves too)

Tyler fixing Lightnings flat so he can get back in the race.


WHO'S CLEANING THIS UP??!!



Hooray for Leapster. Bailey got one (day after Thanxgiving special) which works out great because I just sent Tyler's back to Leap Frog for them to replace it, as it quit working. The new one should be here in a few weeks, and Bailey is graciously (or not so much at times) sharing hers with Tyler for now.




I gave Mike the Joseph Smith Papers--which was VERY hard to come by if you didn't already know. I lucked out and was listening to KSL when Sheri Dew called in to say they were getting a shipment into Desert Books warehouse right then. I had been to buy it, and they said they wouldn't have any in until late January, so I decided not to get it. Changed my mind when I heard he could actually open it on Christmas. It is a very neat compilation of Joseph Smiths journals--apparently the first of THIRTY VOLUMES!!! What did I start? Mike will need a lot of things to read, as he will be traveling a lot in the next few months with his NEW JOB!!! He starts January 5th, with a company called Ashland Chemical. He'll be doing something similar to what he's been doing with Waste Management, but with hazardous waste--and for more $$$$, which doesn't hurt anything. He also got an MP3 player--to help with our New Year's Resolution to get our BUTT"S IN GEAR--literally!!



Kyle was a lot of fun opening gifts this year. I didn't realize how much he'd LOVE it! He tore his stuff open, didn't even look at what it was, and moved on to the next thing. Guess he's not used to being encouraged to RIP paper.



Bailey holding up her jammies Grandma Washington (Idaho now, but why change? I wonder if they think that's her last name like Mike's parents are Grandpa & Grandma Livingston)



Tyler and his Cars Hideout. I called around for 2 days looking for him a Cars Bed/tent, which attatches to their bed to make it into a little tent. I found one for Bailey, but the Cars ones were all gone EVERYWHERE!!! I finally found one on the last KMart south of Ogden, and Mike went to pick it up in West Jordan. It turned out to be a different thing than the other one, but he loves it just the same. And this one he can move all around the house and play in--even better!



Thanx Hanna!


Hooray for Jammies from the Elves. This is a tradition that we had in my family growing up, and am proud to pass on to my kids. It's so fun to have a new pair of Jams to wake up in on Christmas morning! And the fact they coem from the Elves only adds to it--if you ask me.



Tyler got a NAKED and ready to get into his new PJ's!





OK---I know--should have turned off the flash--or paid waay to much for the "Pro's" there to take it, but we tried! Bailey needed to see Santa before Christmas, and Tyler got to see him again (this time he was shy--which was funny since the first time he did so well)




This is Joseph, in case you don't recognize him. We attempted the Nativity--a few pictures was about as long as we lasted on Christmas Eve with Mike's family.



Mary and Joseph. Don't worry--remember it was IMACULATE CONCEPTION!!!



If your'e wondering where all the pictures of ME are--I was conviently the camera woman--although I think there is video footage. Mike gave me a nice George Foreman Grill, and new scriptures, and a new double boiler pot, and a few other items like shampoo & such. It was a great Chirstmas for all of us--can't wait for next year!!



6 comments:

Me said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Your childern are beautiful!!! I'll call you after the new year to get together.

Tori said...

Wow kyle is just like my son when it comes to opening presents. It looks like you guys had a very fulfilling christmas. i hope that the new year brings you just as much joy

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!

It looks like such fun to have little ones, now that we've grown out of that stage.

A word of caution - watch out about Hannah Montana. She makes herself out as a real icon for little girls, but she's a super tramp in real life, and posts trampy pics of herself all over the internet. We're battling with that right now. Boo hoo. A rude awakening to the teenage years!

Anyway, I love you.

Ruth

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the NEW JOB!!!!


Santa must have made tow of those H.M guitars.... pone showed up under our tree as well :)

Game night 2nd week in Jan?

Tiffany said...

really I know how to spell

just not type (apparently)

Trent and Amy said...

looks like your kids did pretty good. We haven't decided on a baby name yet. Hopefully soon! Your family is so cute!