Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary!









Happy Anniversary! To my dear, sweet husband! We have made it 8 years, I cannot believe it. My mother in law called me to wish us Happy Anniversary this morning, and we were discussing how I cannot believe it has been 8 years. Two more and we will be at 10, which seems like SOOO long! Today looks to be much nicer weather than our wedding day, it snowed and rained before, and that’s when our pictures were supposed to be. Of course, when we came out it was nice and sunny, and we dragged our not so nice photographer over from another wedding for a second to take a few shots with all of our family. It was such a great day though. I remember just feeling like it was all a dream. As we drove away from the temple, I just kept thinking, “This is real! We are really married!” 3.25 kids in 8 years is not too shabby, crazy in fact! I love my husband, especially because he puts up with me so well on the days that I am not the easiest to put up with. He really is SO good to me, and works so incredibly hard for our family. It was fun going through our wedding pictures to post some on here. If you notice my hair is up in some, and down in some, that is because we got married Friday, and had our reception Saturday. I did not want to be rushed on my wedding day, so we got married at 4 PM, and then had a nice relaxed wedding dinner, and then our wonderful families had the whole next day to set up the reception. However, when I went to get my hair done for the reception, I realized I had a HICKEY on my neck!!! (Total accident, my neck does that really easily for some reason) Mike was so embarrassed, and couldn’t look my dad in the eye! LOL! Anywhoo, tried to cover it up with make up, but to no avail, so we opted to go with half up, half down to try and hide it. (My parents and family told everyone anyway!) Fun times! Then we had an awesome Honeymoon in Hawaii!! (maybe we’ll get back there for our 10 year) We actually got a date on Friday to celebrate (Thanx to Mike's sister Michelle and her husband for watching our kids!) We went to eat at Iggy's (the highlight of that place for me is the YUMMY cheesecake!) Then we went and saw Taken. If you have not seen it yet--I highly recommend it. Although, if you have daughters, you will never want to let them out of your sight! Funny, I was just thinking about how we have spent our past Anniversary's, and they have been very different. For one of them, four years ago, we had lunch, and then had a baby! Love you Honey, Happy Anniversary! Here’s to many more!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on 8 YEARS!!

You two are great for each other :)

Anonymous said...

Aww...Grandma and Grandpa are in that picture, that made me cry. WOW 8 years is a long time...look at all the changes that have happened in our family...where are all the grand kids...

XOXO

Thanks for a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

You made it through the 7-year itch. It's fun to see your wedding photos. I always think of how carefree and optimistic for the future we are when we are first married.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Aaron's mom is here and we took advantage and went to see a movie...WOW! Taken was awesome!

I feel super bad that this shiz really happens...

andersons said...

Happy Anniversary! So - you had a baby on one of your anniversary's? If I read that right that would be a really neat day to have one.

LivingstonClan said...

Callie--Bailey was born @ 1 AM today--the day after our anniversary. But I was in labor on our anniversary--if the doctor had come sooner she'd probably have made it on the 6th!

Anonymous said...

I remember being at your sealing, and being at your after-the-wedding lunch at that inn in Lehi. You were so pretty and so happy. And I remember your wedding reception and how Mike's family sang goofy songs, and we thought they were hilarious. Beth and I were the only ones that came from our family. She only came because I made her.

We stayed and cleaned up afterward.

But I'm sure you don't remember any of that.

LivingstonClan said...

Actually--I remember all of that--quite fondly. It was a great day all around. Well, couple of days I guess!

Amie Cobb said...

Okay--so what the deal? Mike looks EXACTLY the same.

I remember how many bobby pins were in your hair. I think you had enough to melt down and manufacture a small car.

Sure do love you, sis! :)
Amie