Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Stitches, and costumes--oh my!

Bailey came in screaming this morning--she had fallen off her scooter and split her chin open. We went to the doctors--thank goodness for Alpine Pediatrics! We didn't have to go to the ER to get stitched up, less $$ and not so scary for her. They ended up just doing the glue instead of having to do stitches--which was great! She was so brave, when it first happened she kept saying her nose was bleeding, because she frequently gets those, and just assumed that was it when she fell and was bleeding. Tyler was so cute wanting to help. He got bandaids, and juice for her. Too bad the poor girl was cursed with her mom's coordination.
Tyler's new Incredibles costume finally came. We told him he had to earn it, and he has been doing really well. The morning after it came, we still had not given it to him, and he knocked on our door at about 6 AM and said he'd like some jobs to do to earn his costume. What a goof he is! He is the one who bid on the costume on Ebay--he is too smart for his own good sometimes. I didn't know he had bid on it until I got the email asking for payment! He loves it though. He can't wait to show his cousins Ian and Courtnie when we go visit them this weekend. He and Bailey have asked if it is time to go see them yet several times a day for the last week. We are all excited!
Kyle loves to help with the dishes now--at least one man in the house is! (hint, hint)
Here is Kyle playing with a toy. I cannot believe how "grown-up" he is getting! Time sure goes by fast. We went to his 9 month check-up yesterday. He is 22 lbs and 30 inches long. He was so brave with the shots too--not one cry! The nurse said that was the best she'd ever seen! He gets a lot of practice being tough at home with brother & sister. He loves to pull up on everything.
I wanted to give an update on my flowers--I am so excited about them! This is the first year we planted bulbs, and to see them coming up makes me proud. The snow crocus' are up, and the tulips are coming. Fun, Fun--hooray for Spring.

2 comments:

Sidni Nielson said...

Poor little Bailey! I am just waiting for one of my kids to break something or have to get stitches. I love the costume!!! He is such a cuteie. Kyle has grown up so much since I last saw him. We still need to get together and play. When all the sick bugs are out of my house I'll give you a ring. Feel better Bailey!

Todd & Rakel Gardner said...

What a little stink bug, that is so cute that he bought his own costume. What a crack upthat he knows how to bid on ebay, wow you have been busy with the garden and all the flowers coming up. Looks great, you will have to give us a few tips on how to improve our rock garden.