Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hooray for Preschool!

Last week in preschool, Tyler learned about teeth, and dental health. He came home and told me about the roots, and enamel, wow!
He got a chart to put stickers on when he brushes--he came right home and got his and Bailey's toothbrushes out, and the toothpaste! I've been scaring him into brushing for a while now by showing all my fillings from not brushing so well when I was a kid. Now he wants to brush, because Ms. Diane said it's a good thing. Thank you Ms. Diane!
This week is Doctor Suess. They made Cat in the Hat hats, and he said, I really wish we had Green Eggs and Ham. What a turkey! I talked with his teacher last night, (she's in my ward) and she said he's doing great, and she is amazed at how much he knows. I had a proud mom moment and just about cried! He is so my child in the behavior area, and it is great to have found a teacher who can see past the occasional behavior issue, to how great a kid he can be. I had so really horrible teachers in Elementry school, and hope to avoid that for him. His new things to say is, "I just can't stop thinking about Incredibles." or whatever else he can't seem tto get out of his mind. What a character he is.
Speaking of brushing teeth--Daddy must have given Kyle an ice cream cone. He looks happy though.
We gave Kyle spagetti for the first time--that's always a great photo. Sure makes for fun clean up too! We stripped him down, except the socks, which I still found noodles in even after the wash! The bandaid on the side of his head was from a dive off of our bed. Now that he's crawling, nothings safe!

1 comments:

Sidni Nielson said...

I am with you on the whole brushing your teeth thing. My kids were horrible at it. Until I told them that the sugar bugs are eating thier teeth. All they heard was the word...Bugs! Now Tanner reminds me that they need to hurry and get the sugar bugs off.