Monday, August 16, 2010

A little catch up!

Friday night we decided we needed to do SOMETHING with the kids before school started, so we went up the canyon for hotdogs and smores. We tried to let them sleep in the tent in the backyard, but that didn't work out. Maybe next time! But we had a lot of fun up the canyon--so nice that we live 5 minutes from being able to have a camp fire, and spend some fun time in nature. One of my favorite things was while the kids and I took a little "nature walk" Tyler covered his eyes and said, "I just can't look!" I asked him what he was talking about, and he said he just can't stand to see tress cut down. What a stinkin' cutie!
This picture shows one of the many reasons I love my husband. He is awesome when it comes to the outdoors. (Which is why I am sure we are doomed/destined to a life of him being Scoutmaster) I told him while we were up there that I might just stay with him so that our family would be ok in any sort of disaster! He said, "Uhh, thanks?"
Kyle found an old, rusty can, and claimed it for his own. Such a goof ball, but he is so much fun. I love to watch him be Tyler's little shadow. I am sure he will miss him so much while he is gone at school all day. :( Me too!


Mmmm, S'mores! I used to think I did not like them--boy was I wrong!!

We have been trying to get over and help Mike's parents in their garden as often as we can. The kids love to run around in Grandma's yard, and occasionally stop to help.




Tyler was an awesome help to grandpa picking beans.



The pictures from my camera do not do this justice, but a few weeks ago we walked outside, and the sky was the eeriest color. The clouds were AMAZING, the colors were so vibrant. Purples, pinks--I have never seen the sky like that.




















My little (not so little anymore!) man started FIRST GRADE today!! I seriously cannot believe it. He has been so excited, "Ok, so how many hours until tomorrow?" is what he kept asking me yesterday. He did end up getting a spot at Timpanogos. (Hooray!) They have full dress uniform days on Monday--isn't he handsome?!! As we pulled up to the school, I saw that a lot of the other kids weren't wearing their sweater vests. I told Tyler maybe he could take his off when he gets inside, and he said, "But I look so handsome with it on." I sure love this boy!
















1 comments:

Trent and Amy said...

Hey I haven't been on here forever but your family is still cute and congrats on the little girl. She is so cute!!!