Monday, September 21, 2009

Family Night

Alrighty--I have been a major blog slacker as of late. I blame it partially on the "morning" sickness, and partially on the fact that my camera has been MIA since Mike got home from Scout camp. (I think it's somewhere with my cell phone, which I now cannot find!) But tonight was SOO much fun, I just had to blog it. Saturday Mike went to the BYU game (which we will not speak of any further) he went way early with a friend to all of the tail-gating stuff before hand, and came home and told me about going to the BYU Creamery before hand, and since then I have been craving bubble gum ice cream (I know--weird, but not as odd as some pregnancy cravings)

So tonight as I was looking at the gorgeous mountains dotted with red I thought--Hmmm, we could go for a drive up the canyon, and then take the kids to the creamery. The drive was beautiful. We drove up to Squaw Peak, which is one of my favorite spots since I was a kid, but the road is pretty windey. Apparently a little TOO windey for some of us, because Bailey decided she needed to throw up--all over everywhere! Throw up is something I remember wondering how my mom coped with growing up, and thinking specifically--"How am I ever going to clean up someone ELSE'S puke??" Well, I have come to realize you just DO IT. Along with many other things in motherhood, you love your kids, and just do it. And since my dear husband wimps out around vomit, I get to just do it a lot. Bailey seems to be my car sick one too, I was thinking as I was trying to clean her up that she is the only one of the kids to throw up in the car. And it has happened often. Then she cried because she could not go in to the creamery with throw up everywhere? What a mean mommy I am. I told her it would make everyone else want to throw up too, and she begged for an ice cream still. Since I figured it was likely just car sickness, I caved and bought her one--and then she wanted mine!! Goof ball.

Then on the way home, Tyler was about to die because he had to go potty SOOOO bad. Everytime we passed a gas station, or store he'd say "Oh great, we passed another one!" We made it home, but boy--these are the days right? People always say to cherish these times, because I will miss them some day. I know that is true, but there are times I seriously question. :) But hey--we made some memories--right?!! Although the kids did want me to take their pictures while we were up at Squaw Peak, and I had to explain to them that we have no clue where the camera is. :(

2 comments:

Amie Cobb said...

LOL about Tyler. I could just hear him saying that as I read it. I remember many a road trip with the family where my bladder felt like it was going to EXPLODE and no one would stop! I always swore I'd stop for my kids any time. (And I have...) Nothing fun about an exploding bladder! :)

I'm glad your'e documenting these...they'll be fun to look back on...someday!

Unknown said...

You WILL mis them. But even better will be all the great memories.

Dad