Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Little turkeys!!

So you just have to laugh at this one. I bought some Sweedish Fish at the store (big mistake to take kids to the store, now I realize why my parents never wanted us to go to the store with them. I always come out with a few extra things. And why in the heck do they put all that crap right by the check-stands? DEVILS!!) Anyway, so a few hours later, Tyler came in and showed me he had made a fish bowl, by putting Sweedish Fish in a squirt bottle, and some water from the pool. I went and looked outside, and he and Bailey had dumped all the fish into the pool--hoping to see them swim I guess. I love my children!

Here is my goofiest child! He was trying to cover one eye, like a pirate or something. What a goofy kid. We have some fun times while the other 2 are napping. I don't think you can really see it in this picture, and I chose not to post a full shot of it, but he got a bad sunburn. We got a swimming pool last week, and he has been playing out there naked. (Good thing we have a fence) He got a pretty bad sunburn on his back, and last night I noticed it is peeling. I asked him to let me look at it, and he FRIEKED OUT that his skin is peeling off! The look on his face was priceless. I am pretty sure he won't be going out without sunblock anymore. He told me he thought it was Toliet Paper when he saw it on his back! I reassured him that he has new skin underneath the stuff that's peeling off, and he said he was so happy. Another consequence of swimming naked in the backyard is he has bug bites on his little bum. That turned into a discussion on mosquitos, which was funny. It's interesting to explain things like why Jesus made a bug that sucks your blood. And why does it itch? And why do they bite your bum? And can I spray him with bug spray? But not the kind that kills the bugs, but the kind that keeps them away. It has been so fun to have a child that is getting older, and asking questions that I actually have to think about the answers.

1 comments:

Amie Cobb said...

So your story about Tyler freaking out about skin peeling reminds me of the first time this happened to Courtnie. She wouldn't let me touch her--even though peeling skin is one of my favorite things to do (sick, I know!)

Cute kids. Remember these moments, they go by SO fast!