Saturday, July 4, 2009

America the Beautiful!

Can I just say how proud I am to be an American. This last week as we drove home from my sisters in Arizona, it hit me how beautiful our country is. Truly beautful! And today as we celebrated Independence Day, I have been thinking a lot about how blessed we are to enjoy the freedoms and comforts we do. Mike and I watched the movie Blood Diamond on TV the other night, and got talking about how we really have no real idea of how fourtunate we are to live here in America. I cannot imagine living in a place where I was afraid to walk down the street with my children, or fear someone attacking us in our home! I am greatful to live in this great nation, no matter our flaws. I am grateful to those who fight to preserve our freedoms, despite the fact that some people protest their brave actions. Happy Day! :0)


0 comments: